Thursday, January 10, 2008

Who is laughing now?

You stood in the yard, sunbeams bowing at your feet, and I knew I loved you – I was nine. For the better part of ten-years, I struggled to impress upon you the importance of your being, and my desperate need to have you in my life -- you wouldn’t have it. You had your own existence, and kept it safely shielded from me. For all those years, my world was packed into the possibility, the hope, the dream, all to be stripped bare by your heartless selfishness. Had you not ignored me, laughed with the others and ran from my touch, things would have been different. Obviously, that is no longer the case. By the way, for what it is worth, minus the tears, duct tape and your god-damn whimpering, you are still the love of my life.

2 comments:

quin browne said...

this was.... lovely. sad, aching and lovely.

paisley said...

i could be way off base with this... but i have a feeling you are on the same train of thought i was when i wrote this... "the perfect wife"

i hope so,, if so this is a perfect story.....