Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Randoms

Here I am again, sitting before this computer, headphones on, cigarette dangling from my lips and beer at hand, but the words refuse to find the page.
****
I know a man who proudly served his country, and fought tirelessly to make it a better place.

I know a many who cared so deeply for his friends and family that he would give up anything for them.

I know a man whose life, along with five others, came to an abrupt end on a stormy night in December.

I know a mam whose memory will be carried on by all who met him, and many who did not, including this sad writer.
****
As the engines of the aircraft kicked in, for the first time in my life, I found myself saying a prayer to whoever would listen, and wondered if all in my life, including those that I rarely see, know how important they are to me.
****
Tooth pain is fucking debilitating.
****
I can feel her in my arms at the end of the day, even when she is sleeping in a distant bed. Her skin is on my fingertips, her aroma fills my nose, and my love longs for her. If only I could verbalize those feelings in the moments we are together.
****
It is not my home, and, the argument could be made that it never really was, but I feel alive in our nations capital.
****
I want to watch you sleep again; moments spent together in total silence, me, you, and my dreams of the life we could share.
****
The stress associated with December depresses me . . . where is my fat jolly man to make it all better?

No comments: